- On the judging panel for Best B2B Podcast in 2019 The Publisher Podcast Awards
- Judge for Digital Journalism Award in The New Media Writing Prize (2018-current)
- Member of The Society of Authors
- Member of the Association of Journalists in Higher Education (AJE)
- Senior Fellow of The Higher Education Academy
- Executive Committee (2016-2019) Dorchester Chamber for Business
- 2015-current: Managing Director of The MAGAZINE EXPERT Ltd, a consultancy covering all aspects of magazine publishing, plus CPD which editorial boot camp and mentoring programs for writers.
- 2015-Current: HEA Senior Fellow and Senior Lecturer (fractional post) at Bournemouth University.
- 2018-current: External Examiner of MA International Journalism for Media Professionals, Edinburgh Napier University.
- 2015-2019: External Examiner of BA (Hons) Magazine Journalism and BA (Hons) Fashion Journalism, University of Sunderland.
- 2010-2014: External Examiner of MA Magazine Journalism, University of Central Lancashire.
- 2006 – 2015: Head of Features Journalism (2013-2015) at Solent University, previously Senior Lecturer and Programme Leader of BA (Hons) Journalism.
- 2011-2015: Media specialist advising publishers on all aspects of development including new launches, editorial strategies and revenue development.
- 2008-current: freelance writer and author, commissions include: What’s New In Publishing, InPublishing Magazine, Writing Magazine, Lovereading.co.uk Vegetarian Living, The Self Publishing Magazine and Writers’ Forum.
- 2006-2008: City Life Magazine – Fashion & Beauty Editor for this south coast magazine with a circulation of 60k.
- 1999-2006: Writers International Ltd – Managing Editor overseeing two national titles Weddings Today (circ. 40,000) and Writer’s Forum (circ. 25,000). Previously assistant editor of World Wide Writers, an international short story magazine.